(makes about 2 cups of barbecue sauce)
1 cup Three Pepper Ketchup (Original, Spicy, More Spicy)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
6 drops liquid smoke
- Whisk together all ingredients in small saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool, and use as you would any barbecue sauce.
- During last few mintes of cooking meat, lightly brush meat 2 or 3 times with sauce. Avoid flare ups and hot spots on the grill so as to not burn the BBQ sauce.
- Add an additional layer of sauce after the meat has finished cooking or serve on the side.