Best Fries Ever
You will absolutely love these fries with the Three Pepper Ketchup.
Three Pepper Ketchup (Original, Spicy, More Spicy)
- Wash / scrub potatoes. Cut potatoes 1/4" x 1/4" x about 3" lengths (the length of the potato).
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with cool water. Swish the potatoes around a bit, then drain using a colander. Repeat this step 1 or 2 times until starch has been removed from potatoes and rinse water is clear. Allow potatoes to dry while heating oil.
- Heat canola oil in deep fryer to 325 degrees F. Place potatoes in hot oil and fry for approximately 4 minutes until the potato is limp and wiggly when you pick it up being careful to not burn your fingers. Allow potatoes to cool for about 15 minutes.
- (To freeze for later: Once cool, place the fries on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer for an hour until frozen. Remove fries and bag them. Return to freezer. Fries keep up to 6 months. Later, remove fries from freezer and allow to thaw for 30 minutes. Finish cooking following the remaining instructions).
- Increase heat on fryer to 375 degrees F. Place fries in hot oil and fry until you achieve desired doneness and browning. Remove from oil and drain in basket or on paper towels.
- Add desired amount of salt and top with your favorite Little Acre Gourmet Three Pepper Ketchup: Original, Spicy, or More Spicy.
Pictured with Best Fries Ever is a Southwest Veggie Burger – recipe from Whole Foods Market.