Balsamic & Fig Mustard Grilling Glaze On Salmon
Turn your usual fish dish into something special with this rich glaze.
(Balsamic & Fig Mustard Glaze can be used for swordfish, pork, ham and beef )
1/4 cup pomegranate juice (cherry and cranberry juice also work well)
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Balsamic & Fig Whole Seed Mustard
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Pinch cayenne pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Spread a small amount of glaze on meat or fish during the last few minutes of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
Ingredients for salmon:
1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 (6 to 8 oz) center-cut skin-on salmon fillets
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine sugar, cornstarch, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Pat salmon dry with paper towels and sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over flesh side of salmon, rubbing to distribute evenly.
- Heat oil in 10 inch, oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Place salmon flesh side down in skillet and cook until well browned, about 1 minute. Using tongs, carefully flip salmon and cook, skin side down, for 1 minute.
- Off heat, spoon glaze evenly over salmon fillets. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until center is still translucent when checked with tip of a paring knife and registers 125 degrees (medium-rare), about 10 minutes.
Balsamic & Fig Mustard Dressing On Arugula Salad
(Serves 4 to 6)
Take salad to the next level.
3 tablespoons Balsamic & Fig Whole Seed Mustard
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup safflower oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 shallot, very finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
pepper, to taste
5 ounces lightly packed stemmed arugula (about 6 cups)
1/2 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
Whisk Balsamic & Fig Whole Seed Mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Whisk in safflower oil, garlic, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Toss arugula and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Divide salad onto individual plates and top each with walnuts and parmesan.