Mini Pizzas for mini (or grown-up) people
Make an Amazing Homemade Pizza from Scratch
Fans of our Three Pepper Ketchup suggested we use it as pizza sauce for mini pizzas. So one thing led to another and we just HAD to try it to make a regular sized homemade pizza, too. The result: we LOVE our Three Pepper Ketchup as a pizza sauce!
You don't need to add red-pepper flakes to your toppings to get a bit of heat because the Three Pepper Ketchup already has it. Plus, it has the added flavor of the red peppers and the white-wine vinegar. Three Pepper Ketchup takes a basic pizza to a whole new level.
Our mini-pizza recipe can be used to make snacks, a quick mid-week dinner, or for lunch-box fillers. Use Little Acre Three Pepper Ketchup for your pizza, then choose your own toppings. Make an activity out of it and get the kids involved. Try slithers of peppers, olives, mushrooms and cover in mozzarella cheese.
Mini Pizza Recipe
Makes 4 mini pizzas – serves 2
2 English muffins or 2 Deli Slims (for a thin-crust mini pizza)
1/3 cup Little Acre Three Pepper Ketchup (Original, Spicy, or More Spicy)
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/4 cup of 1 or more of the following Toppings (optional)
- Sliced or chopped peppers, any color
- Sliced olives
- Sliced onions
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced pepperoni
- Crumbled hamburg, cooked
- Divide English muffins or Deli Slims in half. Toast them lightly.
- Place muffins or Deli Slims on a cookie sheet, if cooking them in the oven, or on a small pan or piece of tin foil, if using a toaster oven.
- Spread 1 tablespoon (or a bit more) Three Pepper Ketchup (Original, Spicy, or More Spicy) on each muffin or Deli Slim half
- Sprinkle each with a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Add toppings of your choice. You can even make faces using olive slices for eyes, mushrooms for a nose, and onions or peppers for a smile
- Then sprinkle each with a bit of Parmesan, if you like.
- Place mini pizzas in oven or toaster oven and broil pizzas for about 5 to 7 minutes, depending on how close your pizzas are to the heat source.
- Let cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!
We love thin crust, Italian style, pizza. After years of searching and experimenting, I have found a delicious pizza dough recipe. Find our favorite pizza recipe HERE.